How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Bed Bug Exterminator in Illinois?
That’s a tricky question but I am a straight shooter so here it is – it cost between a few hundred and a few thousand dollars to exterminate bed bugs. And the reason for the spread is that the cost of the is contingent on the area that needs to be treated.
How to Control Bed Bug Extermination Cost in Illinois
First off, treatment is costly. Be prepared for that. However, there’s a way to control your costs. But how? There are a few ways to get rid of bed bugs and depending on the approach you can expect to pay anywhere between a few dollars to a small fortune. To help you get a better idea of all the different methods of getting rid of the nasty pets I will list and discuss different approached to bed bug treatment.
Common Bed Bug Treatment Methods Employed by Pest Control Technicians in Illinois
- DIY approach – that’s the cheapest way. There are plenty of products that claim to kill bed bugs. I am skeptical but you are welcome to try them especially when some of them cost a few dollars only. It’s definitely a good first step. If you don’t feel like going to the store, check out this website for products and reviews.
- Vacuuming – it helps, to a degree. Thorough vacuuming will definitely reduce bed bug infestation. However, it won’t eliminate the bed bugs that are hidden inside of walls and furniture
- Disposal of contaminated belongings – if you can’t reach the bed bugs hidden in furniture next best thing is to get rid of it. Disposing of mattresses, box springs, couches, etc is costly I know that. But the worst part is that it rarely solves the problem.
- Clothes dryer – used to kill bed bugs in clothes and blankets. First, clothes need to be washed in hot water. Next, they need to be placed in the dryer for at least twenty minutes at the highest temperature.
- Heat treatment (for individual rooms or buildings) – in short bed bugs are killed by raising the temperature to 45 degrees Celcius. It might be a time-consuming procedure especially if a whole building needs to be fumigated. It goes without saying that this procedure needs to be carried out by a trained specialist. One big downside of the heat treatment is that bed bugs may re-infest rooms or buildings because they are able to hide in hard to reach places like walls, ceilings, and floors
- Cold treatment – bed bugs can tolerate a broad range of temperatures, -14 to 44°C. However they can’t survive extreme heat or body freezing. With cold treatment, CO2 is sprayed at a temperature of -78.5°C. Just like with the heat treatment, bed bugs may re-infest the home if the freezing spray didn’t reach the bugs hidden in furniture, appliances and inside walls.
- Steam – steaming a room or building kills all stages of bed bugs. But because bed bugs hide in different, hard to reach places killing them with steam takes time and as a result costs a pretty penny (and the process needs to be repeated). Of course, as with all other forms of treatment, it’s possible that not all bed bugs get killed so re-infestation is quite possible. In addition, the steam would likely damage wood (furniture) and/or cause mold.
As you can see, there are plenty of options to get rid of bed bugs in Illinois. That’s a good thing, right. But at the same time so may choices may leave you confused what to do next. So here’s our suggestion.
Give us a call to discuss your needs. We will then dispatch one of our trained technicians to inspect your home. Based on his findings a course of action would be recommended. What are you waiting for? Call us now.
Areas we serve in Illinois: